Look, look, LOOK! This lovely piece of sweet goodness is called a Banoffee Pie! MUST….MAKE…..PIE! This thing almost makes me weep with pure want. It’s a mixture of Dulce de Leche and Banana Cream. Good GOD! I know what I am making tomorrow, and you know what? I think you should make it too, so we can all put on 20 lbs. together, as a team, we will be fat, happy and full!
Here is the recipe for you:
* 1 cup(s) graham cracker cookie crumbles
* 1/2 cup(s) pecans, toasted, finely chopped
* 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
* 2 tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
* 2 can(s) (13.4 ounces each) dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk)
* 4 large bananas
* 1 cup(s) heavy cream
* 1 tablespoon(s) confectioners’ sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In bowl, mix crumbs, pecans, butter, and brown sugar. With back of spoon, press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
2. Filling: Spoon dulce de leche into cooled crust and spread evenly. Peel and slice 3 bananas. Arrange over filling. In bowl, beat cream, sugar, and vanilla just until stiff; spread over bananas. Refrigerate 2 hours.
3. To serve, peel and slice remaining banana. Arrange over cream.